LM International is a non-profit faith-based global Swedish foundation working for sustainable poverty alleviation from a human rights perspective. We are committed to drive transformative and innovative change in the thematic areas of economic empowerment and accountability, health, education, and WASH. We operate in about 30 countries and 4 regions (Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East). Since 1958 the foundation has built up long-standing local, national, regional, and global partnerships around the world. Our vision is “Dignified Lives – Sustainable World” and our mission is to “to save lives and empower people”.
We are looking for a passionate Regional Director for Latin America to spearhead and lead our work in the region. The position is based in Panama City. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who has the experience and competencies to work as the Director. We are expecting you to take the lead in driving change, finance and HR, strategy and fundraising, enhancing quality implementation and capacity development for our local and regional partners and LM staff. Our programs in LA have a particular focus on right-based education and social and economic inclusion. The Regional Director reports directly to the Secretary General and you are part of the LM Global Management.
As Regional Director you will be given the mandate to develop a regional fundraising plan, promote innovation in our programming, strengthen LM International’s external engagement and protocol; and raise standards in all areas of our programmes, and operations in the region. You are expected to support our work in terms of achieving strategic goals through assisting with fundraising towards institutional donors (including development of regional projects), capacity building, monitoring, and internal controls. A core mission for the position is also to support our local and regional partners in achieving their own vision and mission, providing quality control and capacity development as required. We envision you to be a strong innovator, able to influence others and communicate with a wide range of audiences both within and outside the foundation. You are skilled in transformational leadership, including the fostering of a positive culture of transparency and accountability, ensuring that staff in the region live and breathe our vision, mission, core principles and values.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership to effectively deliver LM vision and mission.
- Manage program development of our LA partners as well as grant development.
- Ensures the programs maintains compliance with donor rules, regulations and reporting guidelines and deadlines.
- Responsible to manage and coordinate regional operations.
- Develop grant proposals according to LM´s strategy, and facilitate reviews and evaluations to improve the strategies, efficiency, and impact.
- Provide Program’s input to monthly, quarterly, annual and any other periodic or special reports as needed by LM.
- Manage Regional Staff.
- Manage Sida funded programs in the regions.
- Manage strategic communication and PR for the region.
Qualifications and experience
- Highly Preferred: Master’s Degree in in a relevant area to our business operations (International Development, Education, Finance, or related to one of four core thematic areas – WASH, Education, Health, Social and Economic Inclusion). At least ten years of relevant experience within the international humanitarian and development or related sector, including a minimum of atleast 5-years’ experience at the level of management responsible for multi-sector integrated development programs.
- Minimum qualification: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in a relevant field with 10 years’ Program Manager or related senior-level field management experience in a multi-sector, multi-funded relief and development programs; including experience with a Contractor or international NGO.
- Previous experience living and working in Spanish or Portuguese speaking countries, and proven experience in supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- Fluency in both written and verbal English and Spanish is mandatory with excellent and persuasive oral and written communications skills. Basic understanding of Swedish, Portuguese and French will be a plus.
- Track record of successfully writing and managing grants from institutional donors (Sida, USAID, United Nations, etc.) including established personal networks with key institutional donor agencies in the region and Panama City.
- Experience with program development, implementation, and comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing project start-up and expansions, manages growth under limited time constraints while adhering to the Project Cycle Management.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management and procurement.
- Anti-corruption work and ability to ensure that appropriate controls are in place across the region and that financial risk is minimised
- High proficiency in computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Skype, and popular online social media, platforms, and mobile apps.
- Strong skills in managing a diverse team, including hiring, supervising, and training personnel.
- Alignment with our vision, mission, and core values, and willingness to serve in a Christian faith-based foundation.
- Preferred starting date: 1st of September 2022
- Duration of commitment: Minimum 2 years with a possibility of extension.
Submission of application
- All applications should be submitted electronically to our Human Resource Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use reference code “Director Latin America Regional Office” in the email subject line.
- For questions with regards to the position, please contact HR Department via email@example.com or Secretary-General firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide the following when applying for this post: 1) Cover letter explaining your motivation for seeking this position and your experience from similar positions or work; 2) Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, contact details and names of three references. 3) Degree certificate from university and other relevant certificates
- Closing date: Open until June 15, 2022
Special attention to this position
This position is contingent on the candidate’s ability to secure permission to work in Panama.