Plan International Sweden is now looking for a MEAL Adviser & Coach as part of a strategic effort to enhance our approach to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. We are presently developing our Strategy for 2022-2025 as well as our ways or working, and you have an excellent opportunity to help us strengthen the impact of Plan International Sweden’s and our partners’ programming. Your primary focus will be to help us operationalize MEAL in the project cycle, strengthen colleagues’ and partners’ ability to manage for results for children and youth, and to develop our knowledge management.
You will work closely together with our MEAL Manager, actively participate in the MEAL Task Force, and support and collaborate with our experienced and committed colleagues at the Program Department as well as our Country Offices. At the Department, you will work together with both Thematic Advisors and Program Managers mainly on MEAL for long-term development cooperation and humanitarian affairs. We offer the right candidate a challenging and interesting role with a diverse range of stimulating duties and responsibilities. Together with your colleagues, you are given the opportunity to participate and develop our work in Sweden but also be part of designing and enhancing our international program portfolio. Your ability to effectively manage relationships, cooperate in teams, communicate and inspire is key to success in this role, as is being a good coach and pedagogical educator.
As a MEAL Adviser and Coach with Plan International Sweden, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Actively support and ensure a systematic and consistent approach to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning across SNO supported activities to the benefit of the realisation of children’s and youth’s rights and equality for girls.
- Actively support the development of new systems and procedures that are aligned to Plan International’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities.
- Actively support the introduction and effective operationalization of new systems and procedures that are aligned to Plan International’s monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities.
- Support the work to ensure that SNO’s MEAL systems and procedures are updated and aligned with Plan wide initiatives.
- Lead the work to safeguard a consistent approach towards learning and knowledge management and systems informed by SNO programme activities.
- Lead the support and guidance to MEAL activities throughout the project cycle with key focus on the Sida CIVSAM Framework.
- Lead the conduct of MEAL capacity building activities, both for COs and Plan Sweden staff.
- Participate in the departments MEAL Taskforce in line with set Terms of Reference.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Academic degree in political science, peace and conflict, social science, gender, or other relevant field of study;
- Extensive experience in planning monitoring, evaluation and research in the field of development cooperation/human rights/humanitarian work;
- International field experience from development cooperation/human rights/humanitarian work
- Demonstrated experience in project cycle management and proposal writing.
- Strong communicator with previous experience in external representation and preferably experience with media interviews. Also experience from training and teaching is a merit.
- Demonstrated pedagogical ability to build other people’s skills using facilitative, coaching and co-creation approaches
- Excellent written and oral English skills. Additional language skills in Swedish, French, Spanish or Arabic is a merit.
- Experience of child rights programming and familiar with international standards for getting information with children is a merit.
As a person you have a positive and professional attitude and the ability to facilitate and work well in a culturally diverse team and multiple partners. You are innovative, analytical and have the ability to overcome challenges and you structure change through process mythology. We believe you have the capabilities to take a leading role and operationalizing ideas and inspire colleagues to engage effective organizational practice. Also, you are flexible, creative and good at finding solutions
Plan International Sweden values diversity and strives for our organization to reflect the diversity of society. We have a core set of organizational values that will guide how we work with each other; we work well together, we are open and accountable, we are inclusive and empowering and we strive for lasting impact.
About the position
The position is a open ended position but might change over time as our MEAL work is enhanced and there is need of more focus on programming and knowledge management. The employment is on a full-time basis which corresponds to 37.5h/week. The position is based in Stockholm and a valid work permit for Sweden is a requirement. The position includes travel to countries where Plan International Sweden has program cooperation, once the corona restrictions are lifted.
Application and contact
Welcome with your application! Deadline for application is 2021-08-31. If you want to know more about the position, contact Björn Holmberg at firstname.lastname@example.org who is available until June 15 and from August 16 to respond. If you have any questions about your application, please contact Johanna Jennel at HR Johanna.email@example.com. Reply can be delayed due to vacations. Union representatives are Kristian Korsgard (Akademikerföreningen) and Kristian Isaksson (Unionen) Both are reached by telephone 08-587 755 00.